Instructions for Meringue Powder
- Royal Icing (Dry Hard Icing): Into ÌÎ_̴Ìà_ cup cold water, beat ÌÎ_̴Ìà_ cup meringue powder until firm peaks form. Scrape the sides of the bowl and completely mix the water and meringue before slowly adding the powdered sugar. Gradually add 4 cups sifted confectioners sugar until desired consistency. Add more powdered sugar for stiffer icing. To keep icing soft, add 3 drops glycerin. A stand mixer provides the best results.
- Buttercream Icing (Creamy Soft Icing): Dissolve ÌÎ_̴Ìà_ cup of granular sugar in ÌÎ_̴Ìà_ cup boiling water. Cool and add ÌÎ_̴Ìà_ cup of meringue powder and beat to peak. Stir in 1 pound sifted confectioner's sugar and beat until mixed well: Mix in 2 to 2ÌÎ_̴Ìà_ cups white vegetable shortening.
- Boiled Icing: Dissolve and boil at high heat (240ÌÎ_̴ÌàÌ_åÇ_), 2 cups granular sugar in ÌÎ_̴Ìà_ cups water, ÌÎ_̴Ìà_ cup corn syrup and small pinch salt. Dissolve and whip ‰ۡóÁÌ_́ÌÎ_í�ÌÎÌ_ÌÎ_ÌÎÌ__ÌÎ_ cup (6 TBLS) meringue powder in one cup cold water: add 1 cup granular sugar while beating meringue mix: slowly add boiled syrup. Then whip at high speed until cool.
- Meringue Cookies: Dissolve ÌÎ_̴Ìà_ cup granular sugar in ÌÎ_̴Ìà_ cup boiling water, cool. Add ÌÎ_̴Ìà_ cup meringue powder and beat into high peaks, fold in a teaspoon of vanilla after the meringue is at a stiff peak stage. Place in large decorating bag. Pipe onto parchment lined baking sheets. Bake 40-45 minutes at 250 degrees until set and lightly browned. Store in cool, dry place in an airtight container for 4-5 days.
- Meringue Topping (For Meringue Shells, Pie Toppings): Dissolve ÌÎ_̴Ìà_ cup granular sugar in ÌÎ_̴Ìà_ cup boiling water, cool. Add ÌÎ_̴Ìà_ cup meringue powder and beat into high peaks.
- Hints: Keep utensils grease free. Icings may be refrigerated in airtight containers, beat again before using. Cover bowl and tube ends with damp cloth. Try meringue powder in cookies, drinks, desserts and other recipes where a light frothy consistency is desired. Flavor and color to suit.
Shelf Life: 18 months if kept in cool dry area
Note: This product is prepared and packaged using machines that may come into contact with wheat/gluten, eggs, dairy or dairy products, soy, tree nuts.