Football Season Appetizer Recipes
Football Season Appetizer Ideas
for Razorback fans and more
Get ready to kick off the football season with a winning lineup of appetizers that will keep your guests cheering for more! From classic favorites to creative twists, these appetizer recipe ideas are sure to score big points at your game day gatherings. Elevate the game day experience with Razorbacks in a Blanket, or pigs in a blanket for other fans. For a touchdown in flavor, serve up Savory Thumbprint Bites filled with cheddar cheese and local jelly. Whether you're a die-hard fan or just there for the snacks, these appetizers will turn every game day into a culinary championship!
Savory Thumbprint Bites
2 cups sharp shredded cheddar cheese
1 stick softened butter
1 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 jar your choice of Deb's Pepper Jelly/Jam
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Mix butter, cheddar cheese, paprika, salt and flour well.
3. Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 30 min.
4. Place a rounded teaspoon of dough and form into muffin pan, or form into small cookies (mini-muffin pan works best).
5. Make a deep impression in each, using your thumb, mini tart tamper, or other device.
6. Fill with your choice of Deb's Gourmet Pepper Jelly.
7. Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool 5-10 min.
8. Arrange on a platter and serve.
Razorbacks in a Blanket
1 bag buttermilk pancake mix
2 cups buttermilk or milk
1 package cocktail (mini hot dogs) franks
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
vegetable oil spray
1. Preheat oven to 425.
2. In a medium bowl, combine pancake mix, buttermilk, eggs, and oil together. Mix well.
3. Lightly spray 12 Little Pigs in Blankets mold with vegetable oil. Place on a cookie sheet or tray.
4. Pour pancake batter into molds until filled halfway as pancakes will rise.
5. Gently press mini hot dogs into the batter. Bake for approximately 20 minutes.
6. Arrange on a platter and serve.